By Angela Keaton
Outright Libertarians operated a two-day outreach booth at the Los Angeles Pride Festival in West Hollywood, CA, on Saturday and Sunday, June 13th and 14th.
L.A. Outright Chair Elinor Brandt organized the booth, and, along with this author, spent the two days and evenings administering The World’s Smallest Political Quiz, a teaching tool based on LP founder David Nolan’s groundbreaking recreation of the modern ideological spectrum. Ms. Brandt also donated an Operation Politically Homeless kit, to further educate festival-goers about libertarianism.
Ms. Brandt and this author thank:
• The San Bernardino County LP team of Matthew Barnes, Bill Lopez, and Boomer Shannon, who helped us navigate the bustling vendor corridors at one of the longest running Pride events in the U.S.
• Legislative Analyst Michael Seebeck and LPC Southern Vice Chair Zander Collier, who helped staff the booth on Saturday. Mr. Seebeck provided snacks from his home garden, delighting the health-conscious staff.
• Christopher M. Agrella, Congressional candidate for California’s 32nd C.D., who campaigned and posed for photographs with voters.
• LPC office manager Beau Cain, who joined us on Sunday for a marathon recruitment session. The crowd had significantly expanded by then, thanks to the annual pride parade.
• Riverside County LP Chair Gene Trosper, who patiently answered the questions of attendees who had imbibed a bit too much “pride cheer” at the many frozen daiquiri stands, located conveniently throughout the event.
We collected names and asked people to join us at Abbott’s Habit on Saturday, June 20th, at 12 noon, for an Outright L.A. meeting. Abbott’s Habit is located at 7554 West Sunset Blvd, Hollywood, CA.
Late Sunday evening, L.A. County LP Chair Bruce Dovner helped us to disassemble the booth. LPC chair Kevin Takenaga hon-ored us with a last minute cameo. We hope to see our leadership at many other Outright L.A. sponsored events.
SDLP Endorses the California Cannabis Hemp Initiative 2014 - *SAN DIEGO LIBERTARIAN PARTY ENDORSES JACK HERER'S CALIFORNIA CANNABIS HEMP INITIATIVE 2014* read more
3 years ago